Location : Wentworth Street, London E1 7SA
Salary : £15p/h, going up to £17-18p/h on passing your 5-week induction
Who we are
We are an education charity and alternative school with a 20-year track record, built on an ethos of creative and bespoke learning. We work with young people who are unable to attend mainstream school for a variety of reasons including mental health, complex educational needs, previous school exclusions, or medical conditions. Through a combination of group and one to one education, extra-curricular creative projects and holistic wellbeing support, we provide our students with a rounded and supportive educational experience, helping them to overcome their personal challenges and thrive in our school community. Since being founded in 1999, we have positively changed the lives of countless young people.
We are looking for tutors to work with disadvantaged children and young people throughout London, delivering creative lessons and providing a nurturing and supportive experience to help them grow. Teaching takes place in students' homes and local libraries on a one to one basis and in our dedicated Learning Hubs in small groups. We teach students from KS1 to KS5, with a variety of needs and backgrounds, meaning the work is varied, exciting, and incredibly rewarding. You would be supported by our friendly office team, including an experienced qualified teacher acting as your mentor, along with other dedicated staff, who are always on-hand to advise and guide you. Our tutors can go on to specialise in a subject, be the leader of a Learning Hub, or work in our Central Office Team. If you are compassionate, creative and want to make a genuine difference in the lives of vulnerable young people, this is the role for you.
What we offer:
- Creative and flexible working
- Regular training to help you grow as a teacher
- Support from a team of experts
- A friendly team of teachers to share in your journey
- Personal wellbeing support from a trained counsellor
- Access to hundreds of company discounts through Perkbox
- A choice of full time or part time work
You will need:
- Experience working with young people, ideally with SEN or SEMH.
- The ability to teach up to KS3-4 level in English, Maths and Science, with support.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy.
You will start at a rate of £15p/h, going up to £17-18p/h on passing your 5-week induction. Further pay increases are available based on performance and experience.
- One off induction day - 10.00am - 4.00pm
- Five Tuesday afternoon induction training session - 4.30 - 6.00pm
- Ongoing professional development on Thursday afternoons - 4.30 - 6.00pm
- Training is paid at £12.50p/h. You will be teaching and training simultaneously.
We believe our students deserve a broad range of role models, reflecting the diversity of our society. Therefore we welcome applications from those of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or neurodiverse conditions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.