Exciting opportunities now available within Weir Training Limited, the ONLY Independent Learning Provider to have achieved ‘Outstanding – Grade 1 Provision’ in all areas of the Common Inspection Framework, since March 2017.
Due to rapid expansion, Weir Training are currently seeking to appoint a highly competent occupational Apprenticeship Assessor / Trainer.
Overview of Role:
- Carry out work-based learning assessments, manage a caseload of Apprentices allocated to you and to take responsibility for helping these Apprentices to achieve their qualifications
- Support Weir Training to achieve targeted success rates and a high quality of service delivery
Responsible to: Head of Curriculum
- Support the company in maintaining a caseload of Apprentices
- Manage Apprentices’ to achieve their qualification by the set completion date
- Conduct monthly one to one visits with all Apprentices within caseload
- Coach and guide Apprentices through their work-based qualifications
- Carry out stand up curriculum activity where required
- Coach and guide Apprentices through Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills at Level 1 & 2 as required
- Complete all ESFA assessment documentation as required
- Check and ensure Apprentice information on Progress Report is accurate
- Check and ensure Apprentice information on OneFile is accurate
- Monitor assessment and review activities on One File
- Complete all Internal Quality Assurance actions as required
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Apprentices, mentors and Employers
- Identify, present to, sign up and log on Apprentices when new starts are identified
- Prepare for and participate in one-to-one meetings with Head of Curriculum
- Participate in Team Meetings
- Maintain industry qualifications and occupational competence as required
- Maintain own CPD record
- Curriculum Specialist Job Description – April 2019 2
- Manage diary and maintain Google calendar
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Conduct any other duties as deemed necessary
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Key Performance Indicators will be set and reviewed accordingly by your line Manager
Key Requirements and Skills:
- Assessor qualified, A1, CAVA, or D32
- Occupational competence
- A good standard of general education e.g. 5 GCSE (or equivalent) including English and Maths or/and Functional Skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT
- Excellent communication skills essential, along with the ability to work independently and manage own time effectively
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to confidently and effectively motivate Apprentices
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Able to achieve deadlines and targets
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Full Drivers Licence and use of own car
- DBS checked upon appointment
This position is field based and will require travel in and around Surrey, Berkshire and surrounding areas to a variety of Employer sites to deliver both one-to-one and group delivery.
Typical duties will include:
Conducting monthly one-to-one visits with all Apprentices within a caseload of 40/46.
Coaching and guiding Apprentices through work-based qualifications.
Coaching and guiding Apprentices through Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills at Level 1 & 2 as required.
Delivering stand up training activities where required.
Completing all Education Skills Funding Agency assessment documentation as required.
Checking and ensuring Apprentice information on Progress Report and OneFile is accurate.
Developing and maintaining working relationships with Apprentices, mentors and Employers.
Generating and identifying new/progression Apprenticeship opportunities.
Presenting to, signing up and logging on Apprentices when new/progression opportunities are identified.
Preparing for and participating in one-to-one progress monitoring meetings.
Participating in Team Meetings and Operational Meetings.
Maintaining industry qualifications and occupational competence as required.
Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times
Interested? Then please apply and attach a copy of your CV and covering letter.