City of London
£29,000 - £30,000 p.a.
Are you passionate about training & coaching? Do you want to work for an Investors in Platinum organisation? Do you want to be part of a successful, fast growing training solutions business already working with a diverse client base?
We are looking for an experienced Trainer/Coach or Assessor to actively manage a caseload of learners in London and the surrounding areas. The successful person must have:
- Experience within a Trainer/coach or Assessor role, actively managing a caseload of learners.
- Experience of assessing Management qualifications/Apprenticeships.
- Level 3 TAQA Award or equivalent.
- English and Maths Functional Skills at Level 2 or above.
- Experience delivering Functional skills as part of an Apprentice framework.
- A genuine passion towards learning and development and able to communicate and empathise with learners.
Apprenticeships by Tate helps grow and build better businesses through the upskilling of their people. Our solution increases employee skillsets, which can present our clients business with growth opportunities through new potential verticals and service offerings.
Impellam's specialist brands collectively address staffing requirements across all sectors through collaboration. Our brands collaboratively tackle our clients' business requirements around skills shortages as a generalist with specialist knowledge. We are trusted to provide businesses in all sectors with expert support required to attain the future skills and talent needed to build a better business in a changing world through apprenticeships.
- Manage a caseload of learners by visiting them in the workplace and develop knowledge, skills and behaviors against the Apprenticeship Standards.
- Plan and conduct work-based visits; prepare learning plans, assess evidence gathered by learners, provide IAG at appropriate times and complete formal progress reviews.
- Provide on-going teaching and learning, ensuring achievement of all elements of the apprenticeship, including preparation for end point assessment.
- Accurately complete the initial assessment and enrolment documentation with the agreed timescale, achieving 100% compliance.
- Timely response to completed assessment tasks uploaded in learner's E-portfolio.
- Support and coach learners to achieve the functional skills requirement of the Apprenticeship.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with Branch Managers, Mentors and Employers involved in the delivery of the Apprenticeship programme.
- Support the wider organisation with activities relating to the delivery of training, accreditation and quality assurance.
- Attend standardisation and planning meetings with other Trainer Coach's and Quality Assurers and maintain communication with them.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the Quality & Development team and operational managers by identifying, planning and delivering vocational programmes and workshops (internal and external).
- Take responsibility for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners on programme (Prevent and British Values).
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.