FUNCTIONS OF THE POST:
This role is responsible for providing assessment specialist expertise to colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Key functions include:
- To critically evaluate assessment plans for the End Point Assessment (EPA) of apprenticeship standards and ascertain the extent to which they meet Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education’s (IFATE) requirements
- To lead on the production of accurate and consistently high quality reports in a timely manner
- To provide advice and guidance on issues relating to assessment
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1: To critically evaluate assessment plans for the EPA of apprenticeship standards and ascertain the extent to which they meet IFATE requirements
- To undertake desk based reviews of End Point Assessment (EPA) plans for designated Apprenticeship Standards
- To identify areas for clarification within assessment plans
- To determine key areas for further investigation into EPAO practices by Lead External Quality Assurance Reviewers (LEQARs)
- To brief LEQARs on the required focus of investigations in order to make recommendations for improvements
- To review LEQARs’ investigation findings to understand whether each EPAO across an Apprenticeship Standard is delivering assessment that complies with the Assessment Plan
- To make recommendations for improvements to assessment plans and EPAO practices
2: To lead on the production of accurate and consistently high quality reports in a timely manner
- To produce reports of sufficient detail and quality to enable IFATE to understand whether each EPAO across an Apprenticeship Standard is delivering assessment that complies with the Assessment Plan
- To support LEQARs during the report writing process to ensure their reports are of a consistently high standard
- To review and amend reports from LEQARs to ensure they are valid, compliant and deliver consistent and comparable outcomes across each Apprenticeship Standard
- To ensure that reports are completed in a timely manner
3: To provide advice and guidance on issues relating to assessment
- To liaise with IFATE to provide clarification and interpretation on problematic EPA assessment plans
- To respond to enquiries regarding the content of assessment plans within 2 working days
- To deliver training, standardisation and consultation events as required in order to ensure common understanding and approaches where multiple organisations are delivering the same assessment
- To provide advice and guidance on assessment-related matters to the wider team,including the appropriateness of a range of assessment methods to meet assessment criteria.
4 To work with the EQA Manager to keep under review all Open Awards’ quality assurance (Apprenticeship) paperwork, policies, systems and processes to promote best practice.
5 To work in conjunction with colleagues across Open Awards to promote best practice in assessment.
6 Present a professional approach.
7 Represent Open Awards at events locally, regionally and nationally when requested.
8 Work collaboratively with other Open Awards staff.
9 Follow Open Awards procedures accurately and reliably.
10 Attend staff development and training events and other meetings as required.
11 Provide high quality customer service to all stakeholders
12 Maintain up to date records of activities in relevant databases in accordance with policies and procedures.
13 Travel to and work from any site that the duties of the job may require
14 Carry out any other duties as specified, from time to time by the Management Team
15 To support the organisation’s commitment to equality and diversity and to promote nondiscriminatory practices in all aspects of the work undertaken
16 It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements and with Open Awards policies, and to ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice, Open Awards Health and Safety policy, and the Mission, Vision and Values of Open Awards
Open Awards Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision is:
To change lives through learning.
Our Mission Statement is:
To support educational achievement for all learners.
Our Values are:
- Excellence: To exceed standards in all we do, inspire excellence in our staff, centres and learners, and deliver a personalised customer service that surpasses expectations.
- Respect: To foster a culture of respect and inclusiveness, being receptive to each other and customers, and acting with integrity.
- Innovation: To listen, learn, discover and develop; to respond effectively to and invest in our staff,centres and learners.
- Aspiration: We strive to be visionary and influential.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
TITLE OF POST: Assessment Specialist x 2
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Quality and Standards
STATUS: Full-time, fixed-term contract until June 2021
We look forward to receiving your applications, if you have any questions you would like to ask before applying please email me for more details: Paul.HendersonGriffiths@openawards.org.uk