Job Title: Assessor/Trainer – Wood
Competitive salary plus benefits
To deliver vocational training, assess and verify (where appropriate) College provision to National Standards in a variety of environments, to enable learners to successfully achieve their qualifications in a timely manner.
1. Be primarily responsible for the recruitment of employers for apprentice placements and ensure that they are aware of their training obligations. Recruit suitable apprentices to match employer’s needs
2. It is the primary responsibility of the post holder to ensure that agreed targets are achieved
3. To attend relevant employer and sector networking groups to raise the profile of the College and the provisions available.
4. To recruit appropriate learners for Training e.g. Apprenticeships.
5. To follow recruitment procedures for learners and ensure that effective initial assessment, advice and guidance is carried out.
6. To carry out Health and Safety audits in the workplace and monitor learners’ health and safety.
7. To ensure the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) is completed, updated and maintained for all learners in liaison with curriculum staff and employers.
8. To complete all Funding Agency and College documentation for learners and employers to support the training programme they are recruited to ensuring funding compliance at all times.
9. To adhere to entry criteria and recruitment procedures for learners and ensure that the results of the learners’ initial assessment informs individual learner target setting and is agreed with the employer.
10. Direct the delivery and where appropriate assessment of training. Ensure timely completion of qualifications, develop portfolios and support the embedding of Functional Skills, Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values.
11. To ensure learners, where required, are entered for End Point Assessment appropriately and ensure timely achievement.
12. To act as advocate in resolving problems between learners, employers and parents as appropriate and keep employers updated on learner progress.
13. To visit learners every 4-6 weeks or as agreed by your line manager and carry out progress reviews every eight weeks ensuring learner files are updated to reflect achievements, including the updating of tracking sheets. Through the review process, set and monitor training targets that effectively link on and off the job training, liaising with the relevant employer – to be recorded on the learner’s e-portfolio.
14. To develop training and teaching materials which will enable the learner to generate evidence against qualification requirements
15. To deliver teaching and training and carry out assessments of learners in the work place and College in accordance with Awarding Organisation requirements
16. To ensure the high quality of the teaching and assessment process by working with Internal Quality Assurers to ensure minimal actions are identified and attending regular standardisation meetings.
17. To keep accurate records of learner progress and achievement, which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
18. To keep accurate records of learner attendance which are regularly shared with the relevant employer using an e-portfolio system
19. To ensure that all relevant paperwork to enable the claiming of certificates accurately and timely, is forwarded to the MIS office
20. To attend training, team and other meetings as required.
21. To participate in the course review and evaluation process, contributing the area’s self-assessment report.
22. To ensure a high level of positive learner, employer and other stakeholder feedback.
23. To use the on-line portfolio system, OneFile, to log and track learner progress. Upload learner’s work and use the electronic system to support learners and employers.
24. To use the Customer Relationship system (CRM), effective to record employer details, training needs and Health & Safety records. Keep the CRM up to date with employer contracts and visits.
25. To be responsible for maintaining own CPD to ensure knowledge of NVQ standards/requirements and occupational competence is updated on a regular basis. Attending mandatory meetings such as team meetings, standardisation meetings and staff development opportunities. Maintain a CPD log to reflect and record development.
26. Undertake other reasonable duties as required, from time to time, by Line Management. This may include acting as Internal Verifier Assist, taking part in the recruitment of new candidates including interviewing and initial assessment and attendance at promotional events