Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and London. With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we've built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients. We set out to truly understand our clients' needs and help realise their ambitions. We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Purpose of Job
At Birketts, our passion is to provide and deliver high quality legal advice but we also deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too! Through growth, Birketts is now currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to come and join our friendly and proactive team on a permanent basis to work full time (37.5 hours) or part time (30 hours).
We encourage and enable hybrid working and flexibility and foresee this role being performed 3 or 4 days from our Ipswich office and 1 or 2 days from home (after probation is passed) but also can enable you to work full time from the Ipswich office if you so wish.
The Finance Assistant is an exciting role where you will support the Finance team in providing an efficient and accurate financial service to the firm. It is an excellent opportunity for a strong Finance Assistant / Administrator looking to step into a fast paced environment, that can offer growth and personal development opportunities to you career.
The successful Finance Assistant will work as part of a team, assisting in providing an efficient and accurate financial service to the firm. You will:
- Review and process disbursement invoices within invoicing system
- Review disbursement details on Practice Management System
- Process import files from invoicing system into finance system
- Process CHAPS/BACS/International payments
- Allocate payments within the finance system
- Assist the Finance Team with other ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
Qualifications / Experience
Joining Birketts as a Finance Assistant, you will have a passion for all things finance related, you will understand the confidential element of the role and have the ability to work at a fast pace but still have the high level of attention to detail and accuracy. You will play a key role in the provision of a high quality and responsive finance service to operational teams and front-line staff. Continuously applying improvements to increase customer satisfaction, you will work collaboratively to maintain a consistency approach across the firm.
- AAT qualification or working towards AAT preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a Finance department preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritise
- Excellent communication skills.
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.
One of the best things about joining Birketts is our rewards package. At Birketts we're appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- 25 days holiday (FTE) plus Bank Holidays
- Long Service holiday award - 1 extra week every 10 years continuous service
- Agile Working Policy
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme (5% employer / 5% Employee)
- Staff Profit Share / Salary sacrifice
- Paid CSR day
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Eye Care Voucher
- Private Healthcare - BUPA
- Life Assurance - 4 x salary / Permanent Health Insurance
- Dress for your Day Policy
- Discounted legal services.