We are looking for an experienced Functional Skills Tutor to support our assessors and learners with their Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT. Ideally you will already have at least 3 years current experience as a Functional Skills tutor and will hold a Level 3 teaching qualification or above.
Through face-to-face, remote visits and group support, you will identify any learning barriers, strengths and weakness' and support our learners accordingly to ensure they meet their set goals and targets. You will maintain a small caseload of learners to support, ensuring all learner records are kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirements
Your role will be to effectively plan, implement and review training programmes and assessment tools for nationally accredited qualifications and ensure retention and timely achievements are met and improved by supporting the Functional Skills Team, Functional Skills Manager and Learning and Development Team Managers with the upskilling of the Operational teams. You will also attend regular team meetings and validation workshops to support with standardisation, best practise, updates and gain relevant feedback from our assessors.
Skills Set and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience of delivering English, Maths and IT Functional Skills
- Hold your own Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths, English and IT (or equivalent).
- Hold a Level 3 teaching qualification (AET/CET) or degree as a minimum
- Confident, engaging and enthusiastic, with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- The ability to work in a target orientated environment and achieve required measures of success and quality
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Numeracy & Literacy delivery
- A passion for your own CPD and training
- Flexible, adaptable and very organised
- Experience of field-based working and using your own initiative
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Flexible to travel for this role and work at the office in Twickenham when required
- An Ofsted Outstanding independent training provider
- An Investor In People Gold organisation, committed to your career development
- A robust induction and mentoring scheme to support your development
- Innovative in our approach to education using the latest technologies
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Summer and winter parties and team day events
- 20 days' leave, plus bank holidays and Christmas period (32 days)
- Rewards and Recognition platform with over 900 + discounts
- Company phone, laptop, pension scheme and business travel
- An exciting opportunity to bring your skills and experience to an award winning training provider and help shape the future of apprenticeships
- 1 paid 'Giving Back' day a year for volunteering/charity work
- Your birthday off!
- Salary negotiable (depending on experience)
As an equal opportunities organisation, Hawk Training welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, all applications to Hawk Training are reviewed with meaningful human intervention and decisions are not based solely on automated processing or profiling.
Closing Date: Friday 21st September 2019