This is an exciting new opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading care sector-training organisations. Access Skills is a dynamic and expanding business based in Birmingham City centre, providing quality leadership and management training and qualifications to the care sector nationally. As an organisation with growth and development plans, we are looking to strengthen our Curriculum Team by recruiting a talented and passionate Learning & Skills Tutor.
Health & Social Care Skills Coach/Tutor/Assessor
Salary: £Competitive plus Bonus
Location: Office based, with remote flexible working
The successful candidate will be a qualified and experienced tutor and assessor delivering higher-level qualifications and programmes, with a background in health and social care management. The role will proactively facilitate and deliver teaching, learning and assessment activities, across a range of higher-level programmes ensuring high quality provision and support which meets or exceeds Learners needs.
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
- To prepare and produce a scheme of work and session plans.
- To keep up to date with curriculum development in the relevant subject areas and contribute to curriculum development
- To work with employers in order to maintain their own caseload of learners.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate records (e-portfolio and paper-based) for each individual learner according to internal procedures.
- To carry out regular progress reviews with learners in order to track progress towards timely completions.
- To provide on-going information, advice and guidance with learners in order for them to reach their aspirations.
- To comply with the internal quality assurance strategy in order to ensure that assessments are delivered to a high standard
- Qualified and experienced health and social care professional and manager with good current knowledge of CQC regulations and operational practices.
- Qualified and experienced tutor and assessor delivering higher-level qualifications and work-based training programmes.
- Experienced MIS user, including use in the delivery of programme provision, spreadsheets, Word and social media.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools
- Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in teaching
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Organisational and time management abilities
The Proposal & Benefits
We offer a competitive remuneration package which is intended to encourage the best staff to stay with us for the long-term. Access Skills is a diverse team and we promote equal opportunities for staff to work flexibly and remotely.
- Flexible working 37.5 hours per week
- Flexible remote home working
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Additional 1 day holiday for each year of service (Max 5 days)
- Birthday additional holiday
- Excellent team atmosphere
- Full product training provided
Everything we do revolves around our four core values. Access Skills is a team that pulls together. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve things. Every member of our team adds value and shares our values of:
Help the team succeed
Make it better
Do the right thing
Do what you say
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 up to £31,000.00 per year