Are you a great team player with strong generalist HR experience?
Have you achieved a CIPD qualification and now looking to progress your knowledge and skills with a fun and forward-thinking company?
My client, an established business who is a provider of school activity courses and summer camps for children across the UK have an exciting new role for an experienced HR Advisor to join their Human Resources team based at the head office in Ross-on-Wye
Using your previous experience, as the HR Advisor you will be required to support and guide the Line Managers on a range of matters including employment law, inductions, employee relations, policy, and absence management.
You will also be responsible for employee and HR record management and GDPR across the wider HR team and use your skills and experience to provide specialist HR support to our colleagues in Recruitment - specifically with the process for assessing candidate needs and suitability through background checks (Medical conditions, disabilities, DBS, references, visas etc).Key Responsibilities of the HR Advisor:
Desirable skills required for the HR Advisor:
- To provide advice and support on HR related matters and ensure PGL policy is up to date and fit for purpose
- To advise the Recruitment team on key employment practices related to the recruitment and re-recruitment of staff
- Ensure that all Head Office employees are appropriately contracted, onboarded, and inducted
- Manage employee records and related employee administration and processes
- Ensure continual GDPR compliance across the HR teams
- Support the Senior HR Team with Project and Case Management Work
This role offers a generous salary if 28k-30k and excellent company benefits
- Generalist HR experience obtained in an HR role or e.g., through line management
- Knowledge of employment law, recruitment, and associated issues
- A positive, can-do attitude and good people skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Generalist or specific HR qualification (CIPD or equivalent)
- An excellent standard of written English and numeracy
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills, including the ability to produce spreadsheets and complete advanced formatting tasks
Full job specification available on request Please contact Ellis Mears at the Gloucester Pertemps Branch for full details!!