L5 Health and social care Assessor - Basingstoke
- Job Reference: EMP431166
- Date Posted: 9 March 2019
- Recruiter: Alderwood Education
- Website: http://www.alderwoodrecruitment.com/
- Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Salary: £24,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Apprentice Assessor, Education, FE, Trainer,Tutor, Coach, NVQ, RQF, QCF Assessor
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose of role: To provide coaching, teaching, learning and assessment to learners in person, allowing them to develop and achieve pre-set goals within the health care sector.
* To promote the company as a quality training provider.
* Ensure that the learner has a thorough induction which includes Employment Rights and Responsibility, programme information, Health & Safety and Equality and Diversity.
* To assess vocational learners on various programmes at their workplace.
* Prepare and review action and assessment plans.
* Record all learning, assessment and contact with learners.
* To action, plan and track candidate progress during their programme of learning.
* To review the progress of learners, ensuring their continued welfare and development.
* To ensure both paper and electronic assessment, review and verification records are completed, accurate, up to date and submitted to Head Office on due dates.
* To ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are carried out whilst observing candidates in their workplace.
* To provide advice and guidance during and at exit of programme.
* Attend assessor and standardisation meetings as required.
* To monitor own performance against agreed targets to ensure continued cost effectiveness. To discuss and agree actions with Assessment Team Managers at monthly supervision meetings.
* To manage own personal development, continuously reviewing and developing areas of personal expertise in order to fully meet organisational and client needs.
* To be conversant with the contents of the Staff Handbook including the disciplinary procedure.
* To ensure that any other duties are carried out as requested by your Line Manager
* Effectively interact with other departments
* Leading or working on Projects
* Liaising with other relevant individuals across the business.
* Any other duties as may be required
* A1 or equivalent
* Relevant occupational competency, i.e. NVQ level 2, 3 or 4 in Health care
* Previous Assessing experience
* Minimum of two years senior experience
* Driving licence
* Functional skills in Numeracy and Literacy
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Salary between £24,000 - £28,000pa with option of company car or car allowance
* Career progression
* Business mileage 45ppm
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.