FUNCTIONS OF THE POST:
- To oversee the external quality assurance of End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAOs) at a defined caseload through:
o EPAO compliance monitoring and development
o Externally quality assuring EPAOs, in accordance with the criteria, procedures and guidelines laid down by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IFATE) and Open Awards
- To support EPAOs in ensuring their activities meet Assessment Plans
- To report on the effectiveness of EPAO’s quality assurance processes and systems
- To develop and conduct regional/national standardisation events, as required
- To support EPAOs to improve their practices through 1-2-1 support and training events
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review evidence provided by EPAOs relating to the quality assurance and delivery of End Point Assessments for a defined caseload to determine whether they are compliant with Assessment Plans and comparable across EPAOs
2. Undertake desk reviews of evidence provided by EPAOs relating to the quality assurance and delivery of End Point Assessments for a defined caseload.
3. Arrange and conduct monitoring visits to EPAOs sites to observe assessment being delivered and monitor internal standardisation and moderation activities.
4. Make judgements on whether the quality assurance and delivery of End Point Assessments is fit for purpose, in line with the arrangement outlined in the EPAO documentation and meets the requirements of the Assessment Plan.
5. Follow guidance laid down by IFATE regarding the external quality assurance of EPA activities.
6. Set SMART actions and recommendations for the EPAO, IFATE, ESFA and other stakeholders to allow for continuous improvement.
7. Conduct readiness reviews with newly approved EPAOs to ensure they are supported and advised on IFATE quality assurance and Assessment Plan requirements.
8. Make recommendations to IFATE on improvements to Standards and Assessment Plans as appropriate.
9. Record findings, judgements and risk ratings on Open Awards and IFATE systems as required.
10. Organise and deliver 1-2-1 support, training, forums and standardisation for EPAOs for a defined caseload of Apprenticeship standards.
11. Where appropriate act as a subject specialist, providing support to colleagues.
12. Work with the EQA Manager to keep under review all Open Awards’ quality assurance (Apprenticeship) paperwork, policies, systems and processes to promote best practice.
13. Create and deliver EPAO support training.
14. Represent Open Awards at quality assurance events locally, regionally and nationally when requested.
15. Work collaboratively with other Open Awards staff.
16. Follow Open Awards procedures accurately and reliably.
17. Attend staff development and training events and other meetings as required.
18. Represent and promote Open Awards.
19. Present a professional approach.
20. Maintain up to date records of activities in the relevant database in accordance with policies and procedures
21. Travel to and work from any site that the duties of the job may require
22. Carry out any other duties as specified, from time to time by the Management Team.
23. To support the organisation’s commitment to equality and diversity and to promote nondiscriminatory practices in all aspects of the work undertaken.
24. It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements and with Open Awards policies, and to ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice, Open Awards Health and Safety policy, and the Mission, Vision and Values of Open Awards
Open Awards Mission, Vision and Values
Our Vision is:
To change lives through learning.
Our Mission Statement is:
To support educational achievement for all learners.
Our Values are:
- Excellence: To exceed standards in all we do, inspire excellence in our staff, centres and learners, and deliver a personalised customer service that surpasses expectations.
- Respect: To foster a culture of respect and inclusiveness, being receptive to each other and customers, and acting with integrity.
- Innovation: To listen, learn, discover and develop; to respond effectively to and invest in our staff, centres and learners.
- Aspiration: We strive to be visionary and influential.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
TITLE OF POST: Lead EQA Reviewer (Apprenticeships)
RESPONSIBLE TO: EQA Manager (Apprenticeships)
STATUS: Full Time, Fixed Term until June 2021
We look forward to receiving your applications, if you have any questions you would like to ask before applying, please email me for more details: Paul.HendersonGriffiths@openawards.org.uk