MALE Senior Support Worker - High Road, Ilford
37.5 hours per week
Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
Dedicated learning & development programmes.
We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
Refer a Friend Reward Scheme - earn up to £250 per referral!
Share Save Scheme
Free Employee Assistance Programme
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Carer progression within the company.
CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family and friend's grants.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. To help them achieve this you will need to be flexible, as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise the day-to-day delivery of care, to ensure that service users' needs are met and that they participate appropriately in daily household and leisure activities
- To be responsible for the care, welfare and safety of service users and the health and safety of staff
- To take on the role of case coordinator for individual service users and to participate in the reviewing, reassessing and changing of person centred support plans to ensure they are up-to-date and in line with the individual's needs
- To participate, as required, in the recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework
- To undertake monthly supervisions with staff as delegated and participate in the staff appraisal programme for subordinate staff
- To act as a staff skills coach and undertake appropriate team building and training programmes, designed to meet an individual's needs or the Company's staff development program
- To ensure that the requirements of legislation, Care Standards and the Company's Policies and Procedures are followed
- To prepare service user and staff reports and ensure that the required records are maintained and up-to-date.
We are looking for Support Worker to join our friendly team at High Road in Ilford, Essex.
The home has seven single bedrooms all with en-suite bath / shower room. The ground floor and first floor are accessible by lift and stairs. The rooms in the home for communal use are; large, bright and comfortable. The home supports a variety of individuals and currently has individuals with Learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and epilepsy and brain injury.
High Road Service in Ilford is accessible by public transport; there is a bus stop 1-minute walking distance from the service and 2 local train stations, Ilford and Seven Kings.
High Road has a front area car park and is surrounded by local shops, cafés and a shopping centre.
- Diploma in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- The confidence to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 20
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES