Management Skills Coach - London
- Job Reference: EMP430943
- Date Posted: 9 March 2019
- Recruiter: Alderwood Education
- Website: http://www.alderwoodrecruitment.com/
- Location: Reading, Berkshire
- Salary: £30,000 to £31,000
- Sector: Apprentice Assessor, Education, FE, Learning & Development, Trainer,Tutor, Coach, NVQ, RQF, QCF Assessor
- Job Type: Permanent
Full time perm Leadership and Management traner assessor covering North London across to Gloucester and as far up as Milton Kenyes.
The primary focus will be to deliver outstanding teaching, learning, assessment, support achievement, and progression. You will be part of a growing team delivering apprenticeship and training primarily within a large levy paying employer organisations. You will need to have experience of working with employers on creating models that truly reflect employer need along with occupational competence in Business Administration, Customer Service and Management. Recent experience in the delivery and assessment methods of apprenticeships; including the teaching/learning and embedding of maths and English functional skills at levels 1 and 2 as part of an apprenticeship is essential. You should also have a sound knowledge of the Apprenticeship reforms and the current shift from Apprenticeship frameworks to new Apprenticeship Standards
* Delivery outstanding teaching learning and assessment
* Work closely with and advise the employer and learner on the most appropriate apprenticeship pathway and level of learning.
* Managing a caseload of learners ensuring timely progression of their chosen pathway.
* Ensure all learners are visited; adhering to their agreed learning plan in line with the qualification/framework/standard guidelines and requirements.
* Monitor learner’s progression and ensure all forms of teaching, learning and assessment for each element of the apprenticeship/qualification is completed enabling candidates to meet the criteria for either end assessment or achievement of the chosen qualification
* Maintain learner records accurately, both hard copy and electronically, and ensure all evidence for all visits is readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
* Undertake pre-placement and start up visits in-line with agreed procedures.
* Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal quality assurance.
* Undertake quality assurance and mock end assessment duties as required.
* Engage employers in all learner reviews and promote a positive image of the company and assist in the completion of employer training needs analysis to ensure employers are provided with training solutions for all their needs / teams.
* Work with employers to ensure that learners are entered for End Assessment at a point that is agreed and the learner is ready.
* Proactively work with Apprenticeship Management and Employer Engagement in order to maintain targeted caseload numbers in line with the ESFA contract value and Employer Levy expectations.
* Promote and monitor the Prevent Duty, Safeguarding, equality of opportunity and safe working practices as defined by Maximus/Remploy policies ensuring all mandatory training is completed
* Ensure maths and English is embedded into delivery
* Attendance at regional meetings and standardisation meetings
* To support new delivery staff, acting as a mentor and ‘work buddy’ when needed.
* To actively support the company during shortages by supporting caseloads in addition to your own.
* Provide support with inspections as necessary for the organization including Ofsted and Matrix.
* Other duties that may be reasonably assigned by the line manager.
* Essential Requirements
* This role requires regional travel therefore; you will be a car owner/driver with a clean driving licence.
* There is a requirement to pass an enhanced DBS check - the cost of the DBS check is covered by the company.
Suitable candidates will have:
* Level 3 Award Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement or equivalent
* Knowledge of work based learning funding and framework/standard requirements, NVQ assessment requirements and End Assessment needs
* Experience of internal quality assurance and knowledge of apprenticeship standards
* PC Skills – ability to use databases, word processing, PowerPoint, email, internet and skype
* English and maths to at least Functional Skills level 2
* Minimum of 2 years senior Management experience working within a corporate/commercial sector
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.