Marketing and PR Apprenticeship Assessor
The role will include high quality coaching support, assessment planning, monitoring and formal reviewing of the candidate’s progress towards an apprenticeship in the following areas:
* Public Relations
* CommunicationsThe ADC is responsible for the delivery of the coaching and mentoring elements of the Apprenticeship. Ensuring timely achievement to a range of learners of different age ranges, the ADC will be responsible for preparing candidates for their relevant End Point Assessment (EPA). You will train groups of learners with Functional Skills requirements (English, Maths and ICT) and deliver other workshops in line with training requirements.
* The ADC will carry out the initial assessment process by effective planning and reviewing of the candidates’ prior achievements, training needs and employer needs. All of which must be updated regularly on an individualised learning plan. The ADC will be required to use e-portfolio and the updating of candidate progress on the learning management system (LMS).
* The Apprenticeship Development Coach/Trainer (ADC) is required to manage the training and development of a caseload of candidates and will involve travel to a range of employer premises to coach and assess candidates.
* Manage a caseload of Learners to achieve their learning outcomes in the workplace.
* To ensure Functional Skills Maths and English are embedded within the delivery.
* Support and deliver the required standards, qualifications and levels.
* Assist in the recruitment, induction and assessment of learners, as required.
* Ensure all documentation is fully compliant with internal and external quality assurance standards.
* Ensure appropriate quality assurance systems and procedures are complied with at all times.
* Maintain an e-portfolio to achieve timely outcomes of learners.
* To conduct learner observations, assessment planning, and evidence learning.
* Manage caseloads to meet timely completion rate as required.
* Contribute to the Curriculum Team in the development of learning materials, lesson plans and learning schedules for Standards.
* Manage own caseloads within timely completion rate as required by assessment and verification processes.
* Actively promote Apprenticeships and programmes, generating sales leads and source learners to maintain 100% caseload, including progressing learners onto higher apprenticeships.
* Ensure a professional and positive working relationship with internal and external customers and continually strive to exceed customer expectations.
* Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety and IT.
* Manage own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in appraisals /performance reviews / LQA
* Carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required by the organisation.
Skills and Experienc
* A Degree, Higher Education Qualification in Communications, Marketing or similar, or significant industry experience in the areas to be assessed
* Teaching/Assessing qualifications (preferred, not essential)
* Recognised teaching / coaching qualifications (preferred, not essential)
* Effective time management due to high volume caseloads
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Be used to working within a target driven environment and to tight deadlines
* Due to the nature of the role, you must have a UK full driving licence and access to a vehicle
Salary: £27,200 - £32,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + 2 service days + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to
For more information or to apply, please email[email removed]
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.