About the role
Working with younger adults to support persons suffering with learning disabilities, mental health, and complex needs.
Our client is looking for regular cover on both days and nights to assistant their residents. As a Support Worker with this client, you will work closely with individuals to support them in their everyday life, so no two days will be the same. Duties will include both practical and personal tasks such as supporting the individual to visit family and friends, weekly shopping, assisting with dressing and personal care and administering medication to name but a few.
* You will need to have a caring and positive nature.
* Must be supportive and have a calm and tolerant approach.
* Empathy is essential.
* Experience of working within a mental health facility including residential homes, hospitals, or community based.
* Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them.
* Provide individuals with support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals' support, adapting to their different individual needs.
* Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community.
* Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required.
* Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment
Be respectful to individuals at all times, promoting their dignity, privacy, and individuality, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
* Work as a member of a very supportive team.
* Provide personal care if part of agreed support plan.
Apply now to commence your application