Day-to-day running of the agency:
(a) Assisting the Managing Director in the day-to-day running of the agency whenever asked to by the
(b) Assisting Managing Director with the effective administration and the day to day responsibility of the
financial operations at Stick Care Ltd:
(a) To collate and verify timesheets of personal care assistants in order to provide an effective and
accurate foundation for generation of payroll and invoicing.
(b) To be accountable for the back-office of the software including to ensure that all relevant data is
(c) To maintain and develop an effective, cordial and professional customer service approach with
emphasis on excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
(d) To maintain and develop a professional and cordial approach with personal care assistants and to
be able to be assertive if and when required.
(e) Effective credit control systems to be followed and improved to contribute for a healthier cash-flow.
(f) To actively perform all administrative tasks required by the job role.
(g) To work with own initiate when required and the ability to be an effective team player.
(c) providing all relevant information and leaflets to prospective new service users and visiting them in
their home for a discussion when required
(d) assisting the Registered Manager in arranging and assessing trial visits if and when required
(e) ensuring that each new service user receives a written copy of the terms and conditions of
engagement and that each service user and, where appropriate, their representative or carer,
(f) investigating complaints, taking appropriate action and reporting to the person-in-control and/or the CQC
Service user care:
(a) ensuring that the emotional, spiritual, physical, medical and material needs of the service users are
recognised, assessed and met
(b) making or contributing to the assessment of need of each service user in conjunction with the service
user, relevant professional agencies and, where appropriate, the service user's family, and developing
a service user's plan which provides a satisfactory quality of life for that person
(c) ensuring the provision of healthcare arrangements which may include the ordering, recording and,
where appropriate, the administration of prescribed medication if and when required
(a) assisting the Registered Manager with recruitment, appointment and deployment of all staff when
(b) assisting the registered manager to ensure that there is good communication with and between staff and arranging staff meetings
(c) Assisting the Care Coordinator in arranging staff rotas if and when required.
(d) Co-jointly managing the Out of Hours Telephone of the agency
Responsibilities concerning Administrative Duties:
· Process incoming and outgoing mail.
· Assisting the Managing Director with Purchase Orders for stationery, PPE, sanitary materials and
· File correspondence.
· Organising the preparation of file for the service user and staff records.
· Ensure service user records are in a good state of repair.
· Assisting the input data to the agency's computer system.
· Assist in production of information for audit and inspection.
· Process changes to service user and staff information on the computer and paper records when
· Attend and participate in the staff meetings.
· Monitoring the administrative duties of other members of the team, such as:
- pulling of records
- word processing
- checking emails
- Preparation of documents.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria
The following qualities are considered essential for the post of office administrator:
(a) at least two years' experience in a n administrative and/or supervisory capacity within the previous five
(b) a management qualification or care qualification and/or working towards equivalent minimum to NVQ
(c) the ability to take responsibility
(d) leadership skills
(e) self motivated
(i) sensitivity to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
(j) an active team player but also able to work on own initiative
(k) a good communicator
(l) commitment to high standards
(m) commitment to training.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their
employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
All staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work, etc
Office Administrators Duties Involved 1. Administrator will work closely with the Managing Director and will be the main contact for the organisation for · Collating Timesheets, · Updating data in CARAS, · Invoice Generation · Payroll Preparation · Effective Credit Control · Checking and Updating Funder for Service Users · Monitoring Variations · Updating any changes in the software or Invoicing and Payroll Purposes · Monitoring and Updating the data on the software Online for Invoicing and Payroll 2. Accepting and processing changes and amendments to existing care packages if and when required. 3. Administrator will assist rota, scheduling, sickness and holiday cover arrangements requested by the Agency Coordinator to assist the Operations Team if and when required 4. Complete weekly report on KPI's lateness/missed calls/sickness/hospital admissions/complaints when required 5. Administrator will also work closely with the Directors and will be the main contact for the organisation of: · Initial Meetings, · Interviews, · Opening the Staff Files, · Sending References 6. Updating the Applicant List 7. Administrator will not directly be responsible for new referrals, rota, scheduling, sickness and holiday cover arrangements unless requested by the Agency Coordinator to assist the Operations Team 8. Administrator will be responsible for : · the arrangements and organisation of staff meetings, staff supervisions and appraisals · monitoring and recording of staff meetings, supervisions and appraisals 9. Organising the renewal of DBS Checks and will update the software and Outlook for the next renewal 10. Assisting the Managing Director in Purchase Orders for stationery, PPE etc. 11. Assisting the Operation Team in DN, OT or Increase request referrals if and when required 12. Assisting the Registered Manager with Complaints and Safeguarding Investigations if and when required
13. Cover Out of Hours calls on a rota basis 14. Assisting the Operations Team with Telephone Monitoring and Quality Checks when required 15. Regularly assisting the Assessment and Training Coordinator and Agency Coordinators in the preparation of Green Files, Service User Files, Staff Files, and Application Forms etc. if and when required 16. Organising the office based staff's time of in lieu and holidays in liaison with the Director 17. Checking the incoming emails every 30 minutes and will ensure everyone will take the necessary responsibility and accountability to respond the emails on time 18. Carrying out own administrative duties for the day to day management of the agency, such as: - filing - pulling of records - word processing - copying - faxing - checking emails