Exciting opportunities now available within Weir Training Limited, the ONLY Independent Learning Provider to have achieved ‘Outstanding – Grade 1 Provision’ in all areas of the Common Inspection Framework, since March 2017.
Due to rapid expansion, Weir Training are currently seeking to appoint a highly competent Part Time Functional Skills Specialist to work 3 days a week from 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Overview of Role:
- Support Weir Training to achieve targeted success rates and a high quality of service delivery
- Carry out teaching and learning sessions with Apprentices undertaking Functional Skills in
- Maths and English.
Responsible to: Head of Curriculum
- Carry out teaching and learning sessions with Apprentices in Functional Skills for Maths and/or English
- Prepare Apprentices for their booked Functional Skills tests, working towards Apprenticeship end dates.
- Maintain and update all Functional Skills resources and make accessible to Apprentices
- Visit all assigned Apprentices upon a monthly basis
- Carry out effective teaching and learning sessions to extensively embed Functional Skills
- Ensure each Apprentice has achieved the required standard prior to Functional Skill testing
- Effectively communicate the progress of Apprentices with each relevant Curriculum Specialist
- Work effectively with Curriculum Specialists to support Apprentices
- Complete all ESFA required assessment documentation as needed for each Apprentice
- Maintain accurate audit trails for all Apprentices
- Maintain effective documentation of Apprentice journey from start to achievement of Functional Skills
- Check and ensure Apprentice information on OneFile is accurate
- Utilise and update company resources for Functional Skills
- Prepare for and participate in one-to-one meetings with the Head of Curriculum
- Participate in Team Meetings if required
- Participate in Functional Skills standardisation if required
- To maintain CPD record
- Manage diary and maintain Google calendar
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Any other duties as deemed necessary
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Timely Achievements
- Functional Skills First Time Pass Rates
- Caseload Planning & Management
- Maintain accurate ESFA paperwork
- Maintain accurate Apprentice journey documentation
- PTLLS (minimum teaching qualification)
- QTLS (Desirable)
- Functional Skills within Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent
- D32, D33, A1 or CAVA (Desirable)
- DBS checked on appointment
- Full Drivers Licence & use of own car
- All employees are expected to adhere to the business Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety &
- Quality Policies, a copy of which will be provided by your Manager
- Teaching, coaching & mentoring skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Ability to confidently and effectively motivate learners
- Well developed interpersonal & communication skills
- Customer orientated & focused
- Able to achieve deadlines and targets
To be considered for this role, the following 5 points must be clearly detailed in your cover letter as to how you meet them:
You will be teaching maths and English up to level 2 so you must be suitably qualified to do so.
You must have excellent communication skills.
You must have use of your own car, hold a valid UK driving licence and be prepared to drive on motorways.
You must have a sound knowledge of IT in general.
You must have a sound knowledge of Word and Excel in order to create quality documentation.
Main roles include but are not limited to:
Carry out teaching and learning sessions face to face and via Skype with Apprentices for Functional Skills in Maths and/or English.
Prepare Apprentices for their Functional Skills tests and meet set target dates.
Maintain, update and create Functional Skills resources for Apprentices as and when required.
Interested? The please apply and attach your CV along with your covering letter and we will be in touch.