Our client is a highly respected membership organisation whose members' activity drive change for the greater public good. With an international membership full of leading academics, their research shapes policy at a national and global level on topics as diverse as Student Loans to Pollution and Environmental Risk. We are very excited to be supporting this client to hire for this newly created role of Professional Standards Administrator. This is a full-time role, on a 12-month fixed-term contract with a view to become permanent.
The successful candidate will be a proactive, self-starter, with excellent communications skills who will work with data science experts and external partners to scope, plan, and launch our new standards and certification with data science. Our ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, a high degree of?enthusiasm,?initiative, and judgment, and an interest in the field of either professional standards or data science.? Ideally, we are looking for someone who is very comfortable taking minutes and has previous experience supporting committees/member specialist groups.
What will my responsibilities be?
You will be working with the Head of Professional Standards & Accreditation, providing administrative support to him and the Alliance for Data Science Professionals as we develop and implement different working practices and guidance around one of our key strategic areas; professionalising data science.
This will include:
- Specifying and delivering project plans, securing stakeholder input and commitment from the early stages of an idea through to implementation of a detailed proposal
- Take and share minutes from Alliance meetings
- Engaging with stakeholders to shape and support the delivery of the required outcomes, including chasing when required
- Monitoring progress and documenting, resolve or escalating risks and issues
- Assisting the Head of Professional Standards with reporting to the Alliance and the senior management team and board as required
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- Strong communication and writing skills, able to confidently and concisely communicate information to a wide range of people
- Experience of minute writing and working with external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Strong coordination and planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate information and communicate effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of a high-performing team
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- Interest in data science and the ability to work effectively with subject matter experts
Please contact Francesca Lord by e-mail at or Alexandra Kambanella by email at for an informal discussion about the role.