Established for over 25 years, my client is a market leader in providing access control, electronic security and personnel management systems to major global organisations together with smaller, local companies, and is the EMEA of a global US based organisation. Due to continued growth they are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Administrator to join their busy and friendly team. This position provides Procurement support to the Director of Operations, Operations Managers, Project/Site Managers and/or others as required.
Based in London South Quay, E14, although following training home based working for 2 days a week will be considered.
Please note this is a 1 year maternity cover contract.
- Procurement of supplies and Materials for operations Department
- Processes Quotations and purchase orders for the operations the of business
- Process purchase orders for subcontractors
- Attends weekly planning sessions; updates Operations department on all Procurement policies including pricelists, end of life materials, stock holding, long lead items and bulk purchasing
- Main point of contact with approved suppliers and has regular meetings with visiting sales reps and suppliers
- Assist with restocking charges or obtaining credits for unwanted/unused supplies and goods. Manage supplier performance and escalate issues as applicable
- Arrange timely delivery of materials in line with project deadlines working with project teams
- May establish and maintain supplier records and build relationships for preferential terms of business
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required, including support for other regions around procurement and supplies
- Strong telephone and personal customer service skills and ability to work under pressure
- Purchasing experience preferred although training will be provided
- Solid Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word skills
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members
Hours are 9.00am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday with 2 days a week home based working an option following training.
Salary is £28K - £33K DOE plus benefits.
Can all applicants please apply attaching an up to date CV in Word format.