Residential childcare Assessor - South West
Due to securing a National contract, my client is looking to recruit x2 Residential childcare Assessors in the South. The role will be based from home visiting learners in their places of work. Candidates must have experience assessing with competency within Residential childcare (up to the age of 18)
Main duties and Responsibilities:
Assessment, Advice & Guidance
* To fully induct learners onto the correct programme in line with company procedure.
* To provide appropriate ongoing advice & guidance to learners and employers within remit of own role
* To be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload/cohort of learners, ensuring performance targets are achieved and ensuring learners complete their qualification within agreed timescales.
* To ensure a minimum of monthly contact is maintained with learners
* To review learner progress every 10-12 weeks and set SMART objectives.
* To liaise with learners' managers to ensure that the learners’ training and development needs are met.
* To give progress reports to the learner’s manager to promote effective communication and positive working relationships.
* To carry out holistic assessment and sign off units on an ongoing basis as competence is demonstrated.
* To deliver relevant training to learners to support underpinning knowledge of QCF and BTEC qualifications, Functional Skills and Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
* To design lesson plans, schemes of work and training resources to meet needs of learners.
Qualifications and Experience
* Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement or equivalent ( A1 /A2 or TDLB Units D32/33)
* Relevant vocational qualification in area of occupational competence
* A recognised Level 3 teaching qualification ( PTLLS, L3 Award in Education & Training) or above
* Relevant management qualification
* Level 2 Functional skills in Maths & English or equivalent
Skills and Experience
* Experience working within the relevant occupational sector
* Sound knowledge and application of NVQs / QCF qualifications within the subject sector areas occupationally experienced and competent to deliver
* Experience of facilitating learning
* Experience of delivering training sessions
* Proven experience of achieving targets and working to and meeting deadlines
* Very good verbal communication skills
* Confident computer literacy skills and experience of office based applications
* The ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to give constructive feedback
* A good understanding of sector legislation
* Ability to demonstrate initiative when working alone
* An understanding of equal opportunities issues within an educational context
* An understanding of “safeguarding” and its importance within the organisation and within an educational context
* Ability to agree SMART objectives with learners to achieve targets
* Understanding of and ability to carry out holistic assessment
* Ability to sign off individual units on an ongoing basis over the duration of an award
30ppm for travel expenses
Laptop and mobile phone
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.