Opus Teach is a supply agency based in Ipswich, which is wholly owned by Suffolk County Council. We are currently recruiting for an Administrator to work with in one of our partnered schools in Bury St Edmunds.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday (inclusive): 08:30-17:00, Friday: 08:30-16:30
Main purpose of role:
- To help provide a central communication and administrative hub for the School and to work with and to assist staff colleagues in providing a comprehensive communications and administrative support.
- To ensure that a high level of customer service is always provided. To staff, students, and visitors.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact and welcome for visitors during normal working times. Carry out security and safeguarding procedures, ensuring that all visitors sign in and out and are issued with ID badges. Always present a welcoming and professional manner, liaising with staff colleagues and deal with visitors as appropriate. Ensure that visitors do not enter the main school building without an escort, unless this has been authorised by the person they are visiting.
- Act as the first information and communication point with regard to general enquiries to the school office and other communications from parents, students, staff colleagues and other external individuals / organisations.
- Take delivery of items if required. Notify the addressee and arrange removal. Arrange for return of items as requested.
- Make, receive and redirect telephone calls. Take messages and ensure these are passed on as quickly as possible.
- Sort and distribute incoming/outgoing post on a daily basis (school and external)
- Complete all tasks relating to processing school meals administration using the school management information system (currently Arbor). Make initial contact with parents in the event of late payments and liaise with the Finance Officer promptly if non-payment persists. Liaise with Teaching staff and other colleagues as necessary to ensure that the Catering team have full information about numbers for catering and any special dietary requirements.
- Help collate information for daily confidential Staff Briefing notes and provide back up and support where required to circulate the notes at the beginning of each day that the school is in session.
- Assist colleagues as part of the Business Support Team as directed by the Business Support Manager or any member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Assist with accurate maintenance of the student database, using the ArborIM system.
- Provide a general administrative, photocopying and finance support service for the SLT, teaching and support staff as requested.
You will NEED:
- Demonstrable experience in Administration
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- A good understanding of school structure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- High levels of self-motivation and a positive approach
- An up-to-date enhanced DBS, or on the understanding you will need to apply for one
- Suitable professional references from previous employment
For a conversation about the role, please do give Opus Teach a call