Autism Teacher - KS3 & KS4
Are you looking for a Job working with Autistic students?
Are you experienced in secondary teaching?
We are currently looking for a Primary School Teacher to work across Key Stage 3 and 4. The Teacher will be working in our Autism school based in Swanley and will be teaching small classes of students at low ability who need academic as well as social development. You must have subject knowledge and be able to Teacher various subject at P levels or up to KS2 There are 5-6 students in a class with one to two Teaching and Learning Support Assistants. Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The majority of pupils are on EHCP and have been diagnosed with ADHD and/or Autism. The Teacher will become part of a team that specializes in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable Autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
You must have:
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, Autism ADHD or SLD
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in SEN Teaching and want to make difference, we want to hear from you TODAY! Please contact Patricia on or via email