Specialist Substance Misuse Social Worker
A Local Authority is seeking an experience Social Worker to join their Specialist Substance Misuse team to help support service users and their families that may be affected by these issues.
- Will be working across 2 Local Authorities in the region
- The service uses a mutli disciplinary strength based approach to support service users and provide a more holistic package of care
- The post will see you work closely with the NHS and other statutory services to enable service users to access resources in the region
- The focus of the post is to promote choice for service users and enable them to maintain their Independence and local community connections
- You will have the opportunity to work with a broad range of service users that have care and support needs which are primarily from substance misuse but can co-exist with Mental and Physical health needs.
- This is a largely stable service with low turnover and most staff being long standing members of the team. It is unlikely that there will be disruption to your caseloads
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a specialist role which will see you work across 2 Local Authorities which share its resources to help support their residents that have been impacted by Substance Misuse. The team sits within Mental Health services and aims to provide service users with the resources to help them maintain their Independence and community connections.
The role will see you work with a broad range of service users that may not only be affected by Substance Misuse but may also have additional Mental and Physical health needs. The service operates in a multi disciplinary way to provide a strength based and holistic package of care so that service users have support from a variety of specialists to maximise the effectiveness of overcoming these issues.
To be considered for this post you should have experience of working in a similar team and/or Mental Health service.
To find out more about this post or to discuss alternatives feel free to contact me, Rico on extension 7137. Alternatively you can email me an up to date CV by applying to this Ad.