Evergreen are known for having dynamic and dedicated people on their team. Everyone has a passion for making a difference and we are renowned for devising "out of the box" ways to engage with the people around us. For this reason we are now expanding our team.
Evergreen believes in adding value to the businesses and people that we work with. We take the time to understand our clients and learners, planning our delivery to incorporate specific training and activities that will improve the skills and knowledge of the workforce, acting as an extension of their business. We don't believe that delivering Apprenticeships is a tick box exercise.
Our Trainer/Assessors enjoy making a difference and take the time to ensure that their training is engaging and memorable.
Evergreen work within a wide variety of industries, from manufacturing to international recruitment and are looking for a Trainer/Assessor to undertake the delivery of Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Team Leading and Management.
We also have the opportunity for candidates who can delivery P.M.O. and/or B.I.T. Candidates would need to have the confidence to also deliver bespoke training that our clients may request.
As part of the Apprenticeship we support the development of English and maths using an online learning portal but there is a requirement for the ideal candidate to be able to deliver teaching and learning directly to the learners where necessary, so a good understanding of these subjects is critical.
We are currently taking applications from unqualified and qualified Trainers / Assessors to support our delivery within the Kent and neighbouring countiesof Apprenticeship programmes within the Customer Service, Team Leading, Management and Manufacturing (generic) fields - Levels 2, 3 and 5.
Responsibilities and duties;
We are looking for self-motivated and engaging applicants, who can energize people from all walks of life, to undertake and complete their programme objectives within the defined apprenticeship time-frame. This includes identifying the most appropriate training plan for each individual learner, ensuring learners are visited every 2-4 weeks depending on their individual needs.
You must ensure the most suitable training methods are used during visits with learners and maintain regular contact with both the learner and the employer. Contact will include remote assessment via our online learning platform, face-to-face, email, Skype and telephone contact.
It is important to note that the working hours for this role are defined by your caseload numbers and the industries that your learners work within, this is not 9-5 role, we believe in flexible working hours to allow a work/life balance.
It is important that you are able to engage with the learner's employer during (and in-between) visits. Additionally you should maintain appropriate administrative work and working within Evergreen and the Awarding Organisation's guidelines.
Please note, this role requires you to be able to travel independently, not all our clients are on main public transport routes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience delivering training in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills - including written, spoken and ICT
- To be a source of inspiration for your learners - you must be enthusiastic and self-motivated and able to engage learners to achieve
- Organisation skills - including ability to manage your caseload and appointments
- Ability to travel or remotely attend team meetings, 121's and standardisations as required Must be able to work as part of a team - to achieve individual, team and company targets Able to work independently and remotely, being flexible to meet your learners needs Recent experience and CPD activity within the Administration and Leadership fields would also be an advantage (3 years minimum)
- D32/33/A1/TAQA L3 qualification preferred however not essential.
- Experience supporting learners with English and maths will be part of this role