HW Fisher LLP is a top 25 UK chartered accountancy firm. We are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporates, Not for Profit organisations and high-net worth individuals. The Department:
Our clients come from many different backgrounds and are active in all branches of commerce and industry. Our reputation is grounded in quality, delivering premium advisory services efficiently and cost-effectively.
Founded in 1933, the practice comprises 32 partners and approximately 280 staff supplying a range of services spanning audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT and forensic accounting, together with a range of sector groups offering specialist industry knowledge.
The Training Department is a busy team of the Firm, comprising of a Senior Manager and an Assistant, and headed by two Partners.
The Training Department is responsible for the training and pastoral care of all of our trainees studying various qualifications in the firm, including the ACA, ACCA, AAT, ATT, CTA and ICSA.
We require a Training Administrator to join our training team, primarily assisting with duties involving our growing amount of ICAEW (ACA) trainees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role covers two main areas:
Retain is our internal staffing programme used to schedule work assignments, leave, study leave and internal training within the Audit Department, which includes our Not for Profit team.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Updating individual lines for sick leave, annual leave and other leave requirements
- Liaising with managers and partners to update individual lines for amendments to bookings
- Assisting in scheduling study leave and exams for trainees, following requests from the training team
- Confirming all leave requests following receipt of Open HR requests (our HR software)
- Liaising with staff on the work programme when discrepancies arise in dates requested
- Assisting with long term planning of assignments (twice per year)
- Adding/amending clients to the work programme
- Adding/amending personnel to the work programme, including title and intake changes
- Assisting with downloading reports from Retain
- Attending training courses on Retain for updates regarding the system
- Other ad hoc duties in line with Retain
The role will also involve assisting the training team with other training and study related administration, primarily for our ICAEW (ACA) trainees, including:
- Assisting with checking training files, including ensuring that they are meeting work experience requirement, online assessments and ethics entries every 6 months, as well as final sign off from our Partners, in collaboration with a qualified member of staff
- Assisting with the administration and organisation of trainee appraisals
- Assisting with the allocation of mentors, counselling partners and buddies
- Assisting with the onboarding forms for new ACA trainees alongside other members of staff
- Keeping on top of our ACA accreditation with the relevant body
- Other ad hoc duties in line with the role.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist the training team with wider duties where necessary, including with non-ACA trainees, as well as courses and other ad hoc administration in line with the role. The Candidate:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and keep calm under pressure
- The ability to work in a team and support many different colleagues
- Strong computer literacy
The successful candidate will be trained on how to use the Retain software, as well as any other relevant software packages that are necessary for the role. Prior experience of Retain is not a requirement.
The successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate some prior experience in an administrative based role. The Benefits:
- Salary: up to £30,000
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- Hybrid working policy - at least 2 days in the office a week, with a core hours system in place
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme