COSAC seeks to work with employers, Government and Local Authorities to provide a training route to sustainable jobs, work and progression in employment.
As an example of this approach and as part of a broad consortium seeking to positively disrupt the UK affordable housing market, COSAC is poised to embark on a potentially large scale, people focused endeavor that would see it responsible for the raising, training and support into employment of a series of regional workforces, starting in the Autumn of 2019. Once established, the currency of this national, Modern Methods of Construction capability, will be a series of thirty man teams – Mobile Manufacturing Facilities – each supported by a regional Hub.
The role of the COSAC Training Manager will be to plan, organise and manage the necessary accreditation, curriculum and resources needed to deliver disaggregated training at scale and at reach. Recruitment and selection of staff, implementation of policy, development of process and the building, maintenance and improvement of training material, team management and quality assurance procedures are all inherent in the role. Leadership, innovation, commitment and organisation are its cornerstones.
Successful candidates will need to be available from mid-late summer 2019 and be in possession of and/or in a position to prove previous experience in the following environments and/or relevant qualification:
- A minimum Level 3 qualification in Training & Development, equivalent or, as a minimum, proof of ‘working towards’
- At least five years’ experience in leadership and management roles in either a training and/or operations capacity
- CPD with a recognised professional body
- Budget management responsibility
- Board level briefing experience
- Design and/or significant experience in the operational management of an automated Learning Management System and e-portfolio
- ED&I qualified
- Experience and qualification at L3 in the construction and/or engineering industry
Background, Personal Skills, Attributes and Characteristics:
Application by CV with covering letter.
- Essential attributes:
- Planning, organisational and leadership ability
- Highly Desirable background:
- Ex-military and/or construction