ABOUT US and THE ROLE:
The Apprenticeship Centre is part of a group of companies that work within the private education sector. We deliver training to Apprentices aged 16+ and we also upskill current workforce by offering bespoke training within an array of trades and sectors.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently looking for an additional tutor to join our expanding team who has experience in delivering the Level 5 Operations / Departmental Management standard.
ACTIVITIES AND DUTIES:
- Delivering quality training and support to upskill current workforce
- To create and deliver training sessions and workshops for learners
- Maintain high quality standards of work, on time, on target, whilst managing your own diary and appointments
- To visit learners at their place of work, conduct progress reviews, observations and assessments of learner competence and progress
- Marking of learner work and providing structured feedback
- To promote equality, diversity and show integrity at all times
- Actively support learners through their course, via one to one visits, workshops, email, telephone, employer liaison
- To provide a quality and professional service to customers, employers and learners
- To support learners with their Maths, English and ICT skills to help prepare for functional skills examinations
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Tutors must have experience in the area in which they will teach. We are looking for a Tutor that MUST HAVE experience in delivering the Level 5 Management qualification.
- Experience in training
- A1/V1 Qualifications would be an advantage, as would a formal teaching qualification, but training and support through these qualifications can be offered to the right candidate
- Full Driving Licence – essential as the role involves travelling to learner workplaces
- Excellent telephone manner and strong communication skills
- Confident in dealing with employers and learners
- Good knowledge of ICT, Maths and English (GCSE level or above) as you will be required to support learners through functional skills tests
- Strong administrative skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own and to use your own initiative
- Teaching qualifications (PGCE/PTLLS/DTLLS) or willingness to complete
- Presentation skills
- Training experience
- GCSE’s in English, Maths and ICT Grade C and above or a willingness to take equivalent tests
- Driving Licence – essential
- A1/V1 Assessor qualifications or a willingness to complete
- Experience in any of the following: Customer service, recruitment, retail, business admin, team leading, warehousing, manufacturing operations, and business improvement techniques.