Unqualified Teachers required for Wirral Secondary School
Are you a newly qualified or Teacher in training? Non-qualified Teacher for Secondary needed!
Hays are one of the largest education agencies in the Liverpool and the Wirral area. We have several active Unqualified Teacher jobs in the greater Merseyside area. As part of an ongoing strategy Hays Education are looking to recruit Intervention teaching assistants to work in various schools in West Kirby, Birkenhead, Wallasey and Bebington (among others). Looking to start a PGCE in September 2021? Gain classroom-based experience as a Teacher
Your new school
This secondary school are looking for a Teacher who is available for supply / long term positions. We are looking for you to join us on an immediate supply basis. This is a great opportunity for any people who are looking to start a PGCE in September 2022/2023 as you will gain invaluable classroom-based experience. Upon review, this role could turn into a permanent position for the right person. Hays Education have exclusive contact with Ofsted "Outstanding" and "Good" secondary schools across the Wirral area.
Your new role
Ideally, applicants should be be confident, have a proven track record of leading a group and be willing to work as part of a team. This role will suit outgoing personalities who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role or looking to gain classroom experience before applying for a teaching qualification.
Typical responsibilities include:
* Supervising and delivering work that has been previously set
* Managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work
* Responding to any questions from pupils
* Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures * Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
* Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
What you'll need to succeed
For this opportunity, it will be required that you have:
- Recent experience of working with children in Educational settings (must be able to provide references for at least 6 months) - this could be through a school/ volunteer work placement.
- Relevant Teaching Assistant qualification or Education related degree
- Sound subject knowledge for the secondary curriculum
- Some knowledge or experience of providing small group support
Teaching Assistants, Unqualified Teachers, Undergraduate Students are welcome to apply for Cover Supervisor positions! If you have worked in any of the below positions, we may be able to help you with this:
- Sports coaching
- Summer Camp Leader
- Youth Worker
- Voluntary work with children
- External Drama Teachers
- Dance Academy Teachers
- Football coaches
- Support Workers
What you'll get in return
In return for this cover supervisor role, not only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, but you will earn competitive rates of pay along with holiday pay accrual in accordance with AWR regulations. You will receive ongoing training and the opportunity to gain a permanent position in the school once this temporary contract is finished. Furthermore, you will be entitled to:
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague*
- Option to join our Guarantee Payment Scheme*
- Option to pay into pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on . If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. We have some excellent working relationships with many schools in the area, so please do not hesitate to get in touch.