Vehicle Technician & Fitter - Exeter, Devon
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Basic + OTE
My client is an established family run motor business, they have a strong commitment to quality and customer service. Proudly continuing and expanding as a family business which is now into the third generation of the family still in operation.
Due to their continued growth, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Vehicle technician and fitter to join their established 4x4 dealerships who have continued to be successful in the automotive industry for over 63 years.
The ideal candidate will have opportunities to work on both new and used vehicles, carrying out used vehicle preparations, servicing, diagnostics, repairs and fitting a wide range of accessories, which includes wheels, lighting, and other vehicle accessories. My client are authorised dealers for Hawke Styling, Laser High performance lighting, Pedder's suspension, gearmate and many more 4x4 vehicle customisation brands as well as carrying out your own bespoke customisation services to the customer requirements.
- Inspecting Vehicles and diagnosing and required work
- Discussing required works with customers
- Calculating the expected time and cost of vehicle work
- Repairing or replacing components as required
- Road testing vehicles to test repair work
- Fitting and servicing vehicle accessories, including immobilisers, alarms, Stereos
- Performance service checks
- Customer Customisations
- Performing Vehicle Maintenance tasks
- Cleaning and maintaining the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Full and Valid UK driving licence
- Accuracy, Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Providing a high-quality finish
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent qualifications
- Good knowledge of electrical systems and diagnostics
Skills that would be advantageous but not essential:
- Basic painting
- Light Fabrication
Monday - Friday 8.30 am - 17.00pm occasional Saturday 8.30 am-1 pm when needed.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003